BABY DATA was developed to streamline both the essential information and memory-making moments between parents and caregivers and doctors! BABY DATA offers a way to easily and accurately record information about baby’s daily habits- AND is an indispensable reference tool for establishing healthy and developmentally appropriate feeding and eating choices in the first year.
EASY TO USE, BABY DATA offers longer term information that at a glance tracks baby’s patterns and natural rhythms to help parents, doctors and health care providers keep tabs on baby’s developmental progress and daily habits. The monthly calendar is a wonderful KEEPSAKE that can be used to record memorable moments, firsts, milestones and special events that you will remember forever. A beautiful spiral bound book that is a clever resource as well as a precious memory book of the first year!
THE DAILY CHART (This chart is made to be used with the colored highlighter and pens included in this kit.)
- Label the month on the top of the page
- Record the dates across the top
- Record your baby’s activity with the corresponding colored highlighter
- Reference the color code key at the bottom of each page to use the correct color with the corresponding activity. E.g. Blue is sleeping, so use the blue highlighter to color in all the squares that you baby is sleeping.
- Over the course of a few days, you will see the natural patterns in your baby’s eating, sleeping, awake/play and poop habits.
The patterns will be easy to identify because they are color coded! At a glance, you can see how many hours at stretch your baby is sleeping, when he typically has poops, how often you change diapers, and when he is most alert and ready to play. This makes life easier for you and your baby around months 3-4 when you will begin to create sleep and eating routines, and also begin venturing out and about for longer periods of time.
- Customize your BABY DATA! You can customize your Baby Data Daily Chart to keep track when you give your baby medication; simply use the marker to place an “M” for medication in the corresponding time slot. You can also record “F” for when a fever starts/ends, and use your own symbols for any illness episodes (vomiting, diarrhea, rash, etc.). You can even customize your Baby Data to record onset/relief of allergy symptoms, tantrum behavior , etc. to look for clues and patterns over time to help make it easier to solve problems and work preventatively going forward. For example, if you child typically gets cranky by 2:00, it may be a good time for a snack to see if that helps keep smiles going strong before dinner-time! Also, you can track onset of symptoms to report to your doctor if seasonal or food allergies become of concern.
THE FOOD CHARTS A, B & C
FIRST, be sure to check with your doctor/pediatrician before introducing any new foods, additives or making any changes to your baby’s diet.
CHART A – This chart is used as a reference to help you select age appropriate foods for your baby at each stage of his feeding development.
CHART B – You can use the chart to reference meal time ideas, and record what was offered each day to make sure baby is getting a variety.
CHART C – This chart can be used to help build baby’s independence by giving you choices for age appropriate finger foods for baby to self-feed. (Of course, check with your doctor for any special restrictions for foods or textures for your baby!)
BABY MILESTONE CALENDAR
This is a monthly calendar to record milestones “First smile!” “First tooth!” First words, important events “met Grandma and Grandpa for the first time” and funny moments “did NOT like green beans!” You can record food introductions, events, outings, doctor’s appointments, news events, and more, without the pressure to write a long journal entry. The calendar is meant to be an easy and fast way to record what’s important to you and your baby and keep it with all the other data that will be a keepsake for years to come!
There are clear envelopes at every 6 month mark in the book. This is a special section for you to include drawings, programs and ticket stubs, flowers, photos, treasures and special gifts from your child’s first years. I kept my BABY DATA at the kitchen table, so that every meal time I could jot a note in the calendars, update the color chart and record foods/meal options.
To be used as a quick reference for ensuring your baby is getting the rest she needs!
SUGGESTED DAILY ROUTINES
This is a SUGGESTION for a daily routine for you baby and budding toddler! Feel free to individualize, change and modify the Daily Routine to fit your needs, your baby’s patterns and your own preferences- Remember: you have the most important thing you need to create successful and positive daily routines for you and your baby: you have BABY DATA!!!